dri + ATI: dramatic performance slowdown

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Fri Apr 24 13:11:05 UTC 2009

Hi Robert,

there is one problem left here. When changing from inside X11 to the
console (Ctrl+F1), and then changing back to X11 (Alt+F9), the the
monitor keeps being black. From a remote login I can see, that Xorg is
now unkillable and eats all my CPU. dmesg shows:

info: [drm] wait idle failed status : 0xA0003030 0x00000003

over and over (looks like the buffer can only keep 1090 lines ;))

All I'm left with is rebooting the system :(

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/