recommended setup for amd64 7-STABLE with ZFS, Samba 3.2 and possibly ACLs?

Gary Palmer gpalmer at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 30 16:51:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 03:46:05AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > - email (imap)
>
> I've had good experience with dovecot; I tend to stay away from Cyrus
> products (disgusting code with a history of security issues), and
> Courier (no interest).

Also avoid /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw.  I'm not sure if it can be configured
to do otherwise, but by default it turns every file in the users home
directory into an IMAP folder which can be opened and read.  It might
sound fine, but if you ever want to migrate off onto something else
it becomes an issue.

Regards,

Gary