Upcoming Releases Schedule...

Gary Palmer gpalmer at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 20 19:04:52 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:37:25AM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> You already identified the end goal: extend support lifetimes.  You placed
> constraint on how that could be accomplished: you were going to do the
> work.

Actually Robert, to be fair to Jo, I suspect it is more proper to say
"$COMPANY wants extended support lifetimes.  What can I, or $COMPANY,
 do to help make that happen?".  I think its been misinterpreted as
Jo saying "Let me do the work".  He has offered to see if his company
will let him help on company time, but I do not believe the constraint
is quite as you phrased it above.  The goal is the same, but throw it
open to a wider contraint set - what resources does the project need
to make it happen?  Money?  Test labs?  Server hosting?  Twinkies?

Rgeards,

Gary