crossbuilding of RELENG_7 broken?

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Sun Sep 14 16:53:30 UTC 2008

Hello, I've been building my i386 systems on an amd64 system for some time,
now and this is the first time I encounter problems.

Building them works fine, but when I nfs-mount /usr/obj and /usr/src on the
target system, install does not work. Neiter installkernel nor installworld.
I can install the Kernel by cd-ing into the right directory und /usr/obj and
run 'make install', but I have not found a workaround for installing world.

Does anyone else encounter this? If someone is interested I'll produce some
logs, but I'll have to compile again - I've thrown away all built attempts
in my frustration.