Panic when detaching Vodafone 3G card

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue Sep 9 14:05:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just acquired one of these cards, it attaches as a USB cardbus device.

This is just to say that I can reproduce the problem described here:
    http://www.rinta-aho.org/docs/option3g/option.html

The driver support was originally committed here:
    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112161&cat=

...the ubsa driver attaches to the virtual modem port.

If I unplug it, the kernel panics.

The panic is in kobj_delete() (a null pointer reference) and it's on the
usb detach path. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a backtrace this
time around.

PS Does anybody know if ubsa will be ported to the new USB driver framework?

cheers
BMS