ACPI sleep broken on ASUS Vintage AH-1

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Sep 4 11:40:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

Just noticed that when I try to ACPI-sleep an ASUS Vintage AH-1 based
desktop system, that I get the following message:
    acpiconf: request sleep type (3) failed: Operation not supported

Supported sleep states in sysctl:
    hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S3 S4 S5

This is an amd64 uniprocessor system running 7.0-RELEASE. BIOS version
is 0303 (last release), it is an AMI BIOS. I've seen S3 sleep work fine
in Windows XP on this box.

I would really like to be able to sleep this box rather than up/down it,
as it's in my home, less noise, less power consumption etc.

Any further info needed let me know.

thanks!
BMS