FreeBSD 7.1 Content

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Wed Sep 3 21:01:50 UTC 2008

On 3 Sep 2008, at 1:53 PM, Guido Falsi wrote:

> If you just want na instant workstation, why you just don't try
> Freesbie or something like that?

Because I want something from the source -- from the main team -- and
not something downstream.

> If I install FreeBSD on a PC I expect this installation to live
> there for some years. I can spend some hours/days installing and
> configuring what I really need. At least this is the way I see it.
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

I too spend the time.  I am thinking that for other people to want to
use FreeBSD they want something other than a command prompt.  They at
least want a web browser out of the box.

The Ubuntu install is very compelling.  I am just wishing that FreeBSD
was AS compelling in its first install experience.  At present it is
far, far behind.

That does not stop ME from preferring FreeBSD, but it stops many other
people.

Dan