Script-friendly (parseble) ps(1) output?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Oct 31 03:03:34 PDT 2008

Eduardo Meyer wrote:
 > Now my next problem, do the sabe with sockstat....

I think in earlier days sockstat was just a script that
merged the output from netstat and fstat (or maybe some
third tool, too, I don't remember).  So, you might try
to use netstat and fstat instead.  Of course it depends
on what information you exactly need from the sockstat
output (if not all of it).

Best regards
   Oliver

"If you aim the gun at your foot and pull the trigger, it's
UNIX's job to ensure reliable delivery of the bullet to
where you aimed the gun (in this case, Mr. Foot)."
        -- Terry Lambert, FreeBSD-hackers mailing list.