Check if interface supports Device Polling

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 21 14:41:51 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 04:54:14PM -0200, Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> Is there another way to check if a certain interface supports polling,
> other than reading polling(4)? I would like to have a script to check
> it, issuing something like
>
> ifconfig -v -m <nic>
>
> How can I list all NIC capabilities? Would polling be listed if the
> driver supports?

I don't know if a way to do this on a running system, but a (likely
horrible) way to pre-compile a list of drivers that support polling:

grep -r 'DEVICE_POLLING$' /usr/src/sys/dev | uniq

This won't give you results that you can automatically shove into a
script and have it magically work, but it will give you a general idea.

pluknet's idea to show the iface/driver capability bits is a good one.