constant zfs data corruption

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Mon Oct 20 11:31:05 PDT 2008

> all right and understood but shouldn't something as fsck should correct the
> error? Seems kind of problematic to me mounting zfs in single user mode,
> deleting the file and restarting the OS ?

According to Sun's documents, removing corrupted file seems to be
'official' way to get rid of the problem
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5461/gbctx?a=view

   If the damage is within a file data block, then the file can safely be
   removed, thereby clearing the error from the system.

If the files have something important and you want to recover
uncorrupted parts, here's what you can try:
http://blogs.sun.com/relling/entry/holy_smokes_a_holey_file

--Artem