constant zfs data corruption

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 10:03:16 PDT 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> Hm... I thought we determined earlier in this thread that the OP is
> not
> getting the benefits of ZFS checksums because he's not using raidz
> (only
> a single disk with a single pool)?

He's not getting working filesystem redundancy with the existing
config and is vulnerable to losing data from a single drive failure,
agreed.  But the ZFS checksum mechanism should still be working to
detect data corruption, even though ZFS cannot recover the corrupted
data the way it otherwise would if redundancy was available.

Regards,
--
-Chuck