constant zfs data corruption

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Oct 17 11:32:26 PDT 2008

Hi

constantly I find data corruption on ZFS volums, ever from rrdtool, this
corrupt data happens on SATA disks, never seem on SCSI

scrub is not able to repair, when comes to touch this files machines reboots,
deleting and restorin also is not possíble, seems I need to delete the files,
umount, scrub and mount again to clear it

# zpool status -v os
  pool: os
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        os          ONLINE       0     0     0
          ad4s1d    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        /usr/local/www/data-dist/monitor/wip_diskio.rrd
        /usr/local/www/data-dist/monitor/200.152.90.12mon.rrd

some idea?

--

João