aclocal broken

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN king at computerking.ca
Mon Oct 13 23:49:38 PDT 2008

You are correct this is not a native FreeBSD port i downloaded this port from here http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/zoneminder
>
> I'm not sure how much support you'll get here for that.
>
> > aclocal.m4:14: error: this file was generated for autoconf 2.61.
> > You have another version of autoconf.  If you want to use that,
> > you should regenerate the build system entirely.
> > aclocal.m4:14: the top level
> > autom4te-2.62: /usr/local/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 63
> > autoheader-2.62: '/usr/local/bin/autom4te-2.62' failed with exit status: 63
>
> This indicates whoever made the port Makefile is making use of the wrong
> version of autoconf.  The following line should be added or changed in
> the port Makefile:
>
> USE_AUTOTOOLS=	autoconf:261:env
I tried adding this to the Makefile but get this error instead
USE_AUTOTOOLS=	autoconf:261:env

make
===>  zoneminder-1.23.3,1 cannot install: unknown AUTOCONF version: 261.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/zoneminder.

So i tried to find out which version i was using and got this

autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.62
<http://gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

Next i tried changeing the line below and it was back to the exact same error above
USE_AUTOTOOLS=	autoconf:262:env