Is FreeBSD a suitable choice for a MacBook? --- WHY?

Dr. Aharon Friedman afriedman at drsns.com
Mon Oct 6 20:53:53 UTC 2008

Thanks Robert,

I just did not want to go into a lot of details.  My bottom line was
that unless you want to run a very specific port that has not been
ported to Mac OSX (these are quite rare), I do not see the reason to
install FreeBSD on a Mac Book.  As for X11 it is maintained as a
separate port, and one can go to:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ to download the latest version
which is much less buggy.  The only caveat is that when Apple updates
the operating system it reverts to whatever they have on the official
release and one has to reinstall the latest version.

Aharon Friedman