Would anybody port DragonFlyBSD's HAMMER fs to FreeBSD?

Derek Kuliński takeda at takeda.tk
Wed Oct 1 06:57:35 UTC 2008

Hello lhmwzy,

> That's it.
> Since we don't have the skill,what we can do is wait.

> Waiting is such a bad thing.......

Though I don't have too much experience about filesystems, I
personally would be interested in this since it would be a pretty good
way to learn it. The biggest problem for me right now is the lack of
time. I'm a full-time student right now :(

If you have some experience in C and time, you can try to do some
work, then announce to others. Maybe a developer will volunteer and
act as a mentor.
As far as I know many FreeBSD developers started that way. I remember
PJD 7 years ago telling me that he's learning how to use FBSD, and
look at him now :)
I don't think "I don't know how to" is a good excuse.

--
Best regards,
 Derek                            mailto:takeda at takeda.tk

-- Will the information superhighway have any rest stops?