Would anybody port DragonFlyBSD's HAMMER fs to FreeBSD?

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 01:30:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:53 AM, lhmwzy <lhmwzy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think port HAMMER fs to FreeBSD is easier than any other fs like ZFS.
> Would anybody do this?
> I do not have the skill or I will do this.:)
> links: http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/index.shtml
>         http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/hammer.pdf

I've been wanting to ask the same question since July 6, 2008 ...
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2008-07/msg00015.html
... specially in the light of the all the effort that went (and goes on) on
ZFS ...

I, for once, don't care at all about ZFS, but would really like to see
HAMMER ported over to FreeBSD (just as much as I'd like to see sysctl
hw.sensors framework or so called framework... whereas it comes from
Murenin's code or from code with a more "FreeBSD feel to it" .. or from a
better implementation or solution or unameit). But I'm still too new to
FreeBSD ...
Would really like to see some resources redirected in HAMMER fs direction
though ...

--
Blessings
Gonzalo Nemmi