FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE Jul 23: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Sun Nov 30 12:28:09 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:31:24PM -0600, Scott Lambert wrote:
> According to Nagios, it took about 25 minutes to panic, reboot, fsck and
> come back up.  Funny, it felt a lot longer.
>
> The gmirror is currently degraded and 'systat -vm 1' is showing 98%
> utilization on da0 and 23% utilization on da1 with 35 to 50MB/s on both
> da0 and da1.  I hadn't looked at the mirror status before the crash.
>
> 21:42:09 Mon Nov 24 $ gmirror status
>       Name    Status  Components
> mirror/gm0  DEGRADED  da0 (84%)
>                       da1

 Just so you know, if you don't shut down normally, the mirror is not
marked into a synchronized state, so it usually has to rebuild after a
panic or other crash.  That's probably unrelated to the crash.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/