7.1/6.4 Release Status...

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Fri Nov 28 21:13:34 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 02:52:30PM -0500, Ken Smith wrote:

> Sorry, as usual I've not been very good about status updates...
>
> As far as the 7.1-REL process goes two issues that got classified as
> show-stoppers got worked out right around the time work on a security
> advisory came along.  Progress on both releases got unblocked at the
> same time so some work has been done with 7.1 (some folks have already
> noticed the branch was done) but we focused a bit more on finishing 6.4.
> We expect to get the 7.1-RC1 builds started Sunday.  If testing doesn't
> turn up any more show-stoppers 7.1-RC2 will be done about 1.5 weeks
> after RC1, and 7.1-REL will be done about 1.5 weeks after RC2.
>
> 6.4-RELEASE is done.  Details here:
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.4R/announce.html
>
> Thanks...

Hello,

previous releases used to have progress report pages in the FreeBSD
main site that were really useful and informative, e.g.:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/todo.html

Are there any such pages for 7.1 and 6.4?

Thank you for your efforts,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE