(actually ZFS) Re: Will XFS be adopted

Andrew Snow andrew at modulus.org
Thu Nov 20 17:08:28 PST 2008

Rudy wrote:
> Speaking of losing data on a ZFS system, I haven't yet (knock on wood)
> had a disk failure.  Anyone have a disk failure occur and have an
> easy/hard time replacing the bad disk?

On a system with AHCI, I can literally yank the SATA disks, zfs keeps
working after a pause, and when I replace them, it rebuilds without
intervention.

However with the latest 8-current this stopped working and now the
system crashes when I try this without using "atacontrol". But it seems
related to ATA code and not ZFS.

- Andrew