Modest MFC request: src/Makefile.inc1, rev. 1.614 (SVN rev 184860)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Nov 20 15:28:18 PST 2008

I'm writing to encourage an MFC for src/Makefile.inc1, rev. 1.614.

I tested it for the committer.  :-}  And if we're to make use of
amd64 arch "build" machines at $WORK, we'll need that change.
(Symptoms prior to the commit are that 32-bit executables that use
crypto libraries will fail to run because the 32-bit crypto libraries
won't be found.  And since the version of CVS that our developers use
is linked against crypto libraries (as that's the default), that's just
one example of a fairly basic bit of infrastructure that would be
broken.)

It's been in CURRENT for over a week --and as obrien@ noted, we've been
building the libraries all along; the install32 target just didn't
include them, so we weren't installing them.

Please?  Thanks!

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.