atacontrol missing drive after upgrade to 6.3

Mark Sams msams992000 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 19 15:43:03 PST 2008

Although I am not using Matrix RAID, I guess I will switch to gmirror to be safe. Does the following approach seem valid?

1) Break the mirror (ar0)
2) Reboot using ad0
3) (from the link
http://lantech.geekvenue.net/chucktips/jason/chuck/1175552464/index_html ):

  Step 1: Use sysctl to allow the mounted disk to be modified
  Step 2: Create the mirror (gm0) using ad0 with gmirror
  Step 3: Modify /boot/loader.conf to load gmirror on startup
  Step 4: Replace ar0 with gm0 in /etc/fstab
  Step 6: Use gmirror insert command to add ad1 to gm0
  Step 7: Check the mirroring status with gmirror statusShould I just call the mirror ar0 instead of gm0 and save doing step4? Any problem with that?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail