What would be the appropriate value for kern.maxfiles

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:07:45 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Ramesh Ayyagari
<rameshayyagari at yahoo.com> wrote:
> my server primarily runs postfix experiencing very huge inflow of mails
>>60000 per hour. There are some other services that the servers runs like
> caching DNS etc but postfix being the primary application running on it.
>
> Ram

1.) Please don't top-post.

2.) I gave you an example.  You obviously know what your server is
doing, so you need to adjust the tunable accordingly.  You can always
set the number "too high", then slim it down from there after testing
to see what meets your requirements.

--
Glen Barber

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to
show you how it's done."
 --Scott Adams