System deadlock when using mksnap_ffs

Patrick Reich reichcc at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 10:49:34 PST 2008

I'll just chime in briefly.  I contacted Jeremy off the list
about this issue a few days ago.  I have one spare box i386
sitting here that I can happily test patches against; if I
can be of help, let me know.

> uname -a
FreeBSD localhost.localdomain 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #0:
Tue Nov 11 21:40:27 CST 2008
user at localhost.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC   i386

> ident /boot/kernel/kernel | grep sleepqueue
   $FreeBSD: src/sys/kern/subr_sleepqueue.c,v 1.39.2.5 2008/09/16
20:01:57 jhb Exp $

Suffers from the description given by Jeremy: the box is not deadlocked
during snapshot but I might as well walk away from it because I can't
use it.  I'd really like to see this get fixed; I rely on dump for
backups.

Regards,
Pat
--

"Jesus, can't I count on you people!?"
--Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, George Clooney