usb keyboard dying at loader prompt

Martin nakal at web.de
Wed Nov 12 08:52:30 PST 2008

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:36:19 +0300
schrieb pluknet <pluknet at gmail.com>:

> I have the same problem with my ukbd&ums:
> they are power off'ed during the boot and I should to re-attach them .
> MB: Asus p5k.

Hi,

I've noticed one thing today. I can switch off USB-Keyboard support in
my BIOS. In this case, I cannot use my keyboard during boot prompt, but
FreeBSD at least initializes the USB-controller correctly, so I can use
it later when entering my geli partition password.

It seems the BIOS on some mainboards puts the USB controller in a state
from which FreeBSD cannot initialize the hardware anymore.

And, let's not forget, there is the second problem with devices that
suddenly power off at apparently random times.

--
Martin