php-cgi frozen with sbwait when SMP enable

Ken Chen ken73.chen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:16:41 PST 2008

I think the parent php-cgi are very health. I have tried:

There are total 49 php-cgi processes are running or frozen, the '1 wait' is
parent .

web4# ps alx | grep php-cgi | grep -v grep | awk '{print $9}' | sort | uniq
-c | sort -n
   1 biowr
   1 wait
  15 sbwait
  32 accept

Kill one of frozen php-cgi processes.

web4# kill -9 61392

Check again the amount of php-cgi processes, there are still 49 php-cgi
procerss.

web4# ps alx | grep php-cgi | grep -v grep | awk '{print $9}' | sort | uniq
-c | sort -n
   1 biord
   1 bo_wwa
   1 wait