AbiWord & CUPS

Robert traveling08 at cox.net
Sat Nov 8 11:55:21 PST 2008

Greetings

I have evidently done something wrong during installation of CUPS or
AbiWord. I am unable to print a document from AbiWord.

I can print from the command line using lpr. I can print from Evince,
Firefox, Claws-Mail and other programs. When attempting to print from
AbiWord either to the designated printer or to Generic Postscript (lpr)
all seems well. The printer starts, feeds the paper but nothing is
printed.

If the document is one page in length, I get one blank page. If the
document is 4 pages in length then I get four blank pages.

All ports are up to date and I am running 7 stable from yesterday. I
have reinstalled cups and AbiWord to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

Oh, I am using XFCE4