Problem with USB drive errors in recent 7-Stable

Thomas Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Sat Nov 8 07:16:20 PST 2008

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> (It's ironic that I encountered this issue while working on a document
> describing how to put FreeBSD i386, amd64, and MS-DOS on a USB flash
> drive, so one could install FreeBSD from it, or boot MS-DOS for BIOS
> upgrades)

Hello,

A bit offtopic but may I just say: That sounds great! I've been looking
for a document like that. The PCBSD guys have a .img on their site you
can just dd to the flash drive, but I haven't been able to get
something similar working with plain FreeBSD. It would be very neat to
be able to have a couple of USB sticks in the laptop bag with the
various "current" installations. Good stuff!

Best regards

Thomas Rasmussen