php-cgi frozen with sbwait when SMP enable

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 7 06:21:38 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 07:29:37PM +0800, Ken Chen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 4 web servers with lighttpd to serve one web site with DNS load
> sharing.  On the 2 SMP-enable web servers, there will be many php-cgi frozen
> in 'sbwait' state every day. It means the php-cgi stay in 'sbwait' state,
> and never be back to 'accept' or other state. If I restart them, there will
> be frozen php-cgi appear some hours later.
>
> There is no problem on the other single CPU web servers which running same
> php scripts and same configuration and version of PHP.
>
> Why and any solution?

I'm not understanding what the problem is (and I've seen the output you
provided later in the thread).  Are you stating the problem is that you
see many php-cgi processes?  Or are you worried they're not doing
anything?  Does the website function, lock up, or anything like that?
If not, what's the issue?  :-)