Atheros AR5141

Reinhold freebsd at violetlan.net
Tue Nov 4 03:15:14 PST 2008

Hi

I got myself a nice little R52 802.11a/b/g MiniPCI Card for our router.
This card is using the Atheros AR5141 chipset. I searched everywhere to
find out more info on this and came across a few pages where it said that
the AR5141 chipset is supported but when I stick the card in the router
and boot FreeBSD 7-STABLE it hangs when loading the Atheros drivers

It stops right after this
ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xdfff0000-0xdfffffff irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0
ath0: [ITHREAD]

Are there a new version of the ath driver somewhere that does support this
chipset?

Thanks
Reinhold