broken re(4)

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Fri May 30 13:32:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 13:44:43 +0200 (CEST) Oliver Fromme
<olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote about Re: broken re(4):

OF> That rings a bell ...

OF> I remember reports of riser cards that apparently changed
OF> the timing on the PCI bus so they were only marginally
OF> compliant with the spec, or maybe not even that anymore.

You're perfectly right... I just took out the riser card and plugged the
controller into the pci slot of the board directly - all problems gone,
even with txc/rxc turned on.
I still do not know how the riser interfers with the checksum offloading,
but I guess I should look out for a better riser card - although Wilkos
comment already lets me fear that there is no such thing as a "good" riser
card...

cu
  Gerrit