Sockets stuck in FIN_WAIT_1

Stephen Clark sclark46 at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 12:44:06 UTC 2008

Doug Barton wrote:
> Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>> Doug Barton wrote:
>
>> The Apache page:
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.3/misc/perf-tuning.html
>>
>> It mentions FIN_WAIT_2 not 1, so this might be a different/new problem.
>
> IIRC it actually is the same problem, but in any case you're missing the
> bit where 4.x is EOL. :) Hence my advice to upgrade to 7.0 and try
> again, since on the off chance this actually IS a new problem, it stands
> the best chance of getting fixed.
>
> Doug

You know it really pains me when people blithely say just upgrade to X.X where X
is the latest release.

It is generally just not that simple to upgrade - there are all sorts of
dependencies with other software that have to be considered.

My $.02
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)