Approaching the limit on PV entries, consider increasing either the vm.pmap.shpgperproc or the vm.pmap.pv_entry_max sysctl.

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 15 01:03:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:39:10PM +0300, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> Approaching the limit on PV entries, consider increasing either the
> vm.pmap.shpgperproc or the vm.pmap.pv_entry_max sysctl.
> Approaching the limit on PV entries, consider increasing either the
> vm.pmap.shpgperproc or the vm.pmap.pv_entry_max sysctl.

I've seen this message on one of our i386 RELENG_7 boxes, which has a
medium load (webserver with PHP) and 2GB RAM.  Our counters, for
comparison:

vm.pmap.pmap_collect_active: 0
vm.pmap.pmap_collect_inactive: 0
vm.pmap.pv_entry_spare: 7991