7.0 issues fixed? upgrade timing?

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Wed May 14 05:12:30 UTC 2008

On 5/13/08, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com> wrote:

> There had been large changes to enhance re(4) stablility and many
>  users reported positive results. But it still seems to have issues
>  for certain models. See kern/123202, kern/123563.
>  If you encounter issues on latest re(4), please try patch in
>  kern/123563 and let me know how it goes.
>

>   > -Ben Kaduk
>   >

Pyun,

Thanks for the reminder -- I saw the changes go in,
but forgot that this box was using re(4). Attempting to csup
while running the March 25 driver made me sad, but a kernel.old
from February worked well.  I'm now running with
if_re.c v 1.95.2.18
and I'm not seeing any packet loss or terminated ssh sessions.

Thanks for all the good work!

-Ben Kaduk