mouse issue

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Mar 27 20:37:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:49:12 +0100
Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze at bsdforen.de> wrote:

> Cory wrote:
> > Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 1:30:07 PM, Johan wrote:
> >

> I have found a solution for this. Certain CPU-Types seem to trigger a problem
> with moused. This is an example for a make.conf workaround:
>

> # moused bug workaround
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/usr.sbin/moused}
> .if defined(CPUTYPE)
> .if ${CPUTYPE} == core2
> CPUTYPE=athlon64
> .elif ${CPUTYPE} == pentium-m
> CPUTYPE=pentium3
> .endif
> .endif
> .endif
>

> I suspect the problem is a gcc bug.

I tried this and it didn't work ( I rebuilt moused , confirmed pentium3 and pentium4 (tried both) were used and installed, rebooted. I also rebuilt + reinstall all of world just in case).

Removing moused from rc.conf fixes the problem (but leaves me w/o usb mouse)

Jun-uk's posting about Xorg-server w/o HAL support did the trick. I'm now working again with moused, usb mouse + touchpad, xorg sans-hal and no crazy refresh/choppiness issues.

thanks!!!
________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

I sense much NT in you.