compile error while building kernel

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 06:41:31 PDT 2008

Rance Hall wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Rance Hall<ranceh at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:32 PM, walt<w41ter at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   >  Rance Hall wrote:
>>   >    >  ...
>>   >
>>   >  >  im running an amd athlon64 processor but the i386 code.
>>   >   >
>>   >   >  my march is athlon-mp  (the system translates my athlon64
>>   >   >  automatically to this in i386 mode)...
>>   >
>>   >   ...
>>   >   Anyway, if your make.conf defines CPUTYPE or MACHINE_ARCH as
>>   >   athlon64 just try changing it to K8 or athlon-mp or athlon and
>>   >   see if anything changes.
>>   >

>>   I tried setting CPUTYPE=athlon-mp in make.conf and I still couldn't
>>   buiild a kernel.

You might try searching your source tree for .depend and .o files and
delete any you find.  Also, you could try building the old way:

#cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
#config GENERIC
#cd ../compile/GENERIC
#make all install

If that works then you must have some funny files in your source tree
that don't belong there.