Lock Order Reversal on 7.0-STABLE with pf and ipfw / dummynet (traces)

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sat Mar 22 08:56:51 PDT 2008

Hi Alex,

On Saturday 22 March 2008 11:29:33 Alex Popa wrote:
> Sorry for the big delay, but here are the traces you requested.

don't worry, you are a great help!

Could you try the attached patch?  I missed the fact that you are using
FASTROUTE in your setup.  There is obviously a problem with it, but the
attached patch should work around that.  The other LOR really is harmless
and rather an oversight in WITNESS: a LOR with a shared/read lock can't
cause a deadlock (unless there is also a LOR with the same lock in
exclusive mode).  But this is rather complex to check and might not be
easily implemented in WITNESS.

Anyways - I believe this patch should work around your problem.  Let us
know your findings - thanks.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org