Error compiling buildworld

TooMany Secrets toomany at toomany.net
Sat Mar 22 08:19:33 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>  > My make.conf flags:
>  > CPUTYPE?=prescott
>  > CFLAGS= -O -pipe
>  > CXXFLAGS+= -O -DNO_MALLOC_EXTRAS
>  > COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
>  > #CCACHE
>  > CC=/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world-cc
>  > CXX=/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world-c++
>  > (I try with and without ccache).
>  I'm willing to bet that the compiler tinkering you've done is causing
>  said problem.  It would indicate whatever compiler is being used
>  ("world-cc") is acting as if it doesn't understand the compiler flag
>  specified.  I can assure you that gcc does support this option.

It is the gcc of the system! How is possible that gcc from fbsd 7.0
doesn't understand a compiler flag from fbsd 7.0 sources? Excuse, but
I'm a bit newbie...

>  It would be useful to see see the buildworld output with CXXFLAGS,
>  COPTFLAGS, CC, and CXX disabled in your make.conf.  I realise you said
>  "I get the same error without this stuf", but you should've sent *that*
>  buildworld output.  :-)

Is the same output.

>  Also, you really should be using "?=" operators on those optimisation
>  flags, in case something else overrides them.  Yes, I know what the
>  documentation in share/examples/etc/make.conf says, but I still
>  recommend doing what I said.

Hummm... while you, or anybody, could say me anything about this, I
try with the "?=" operator, but if without operators doesn't
compile...

Thank you Jeremy.

--
Have a nice day ;-)