cvs commit: src/sys/sys ata.h src/sbin/atacontrol atacontrol.8 atacontrol.c src/sys/dev/ata ata-all.c ata-all.h ata-disk.c ata-disk.h

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Mon Mar 17 14:46:25 PDT 2008

Marcel Moolenaar wrote am 17.03.2008 17:28 (localtime):

> On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:33 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> phk         2008-03-17 10:33:23 UTC
>>
>>  FreeBSD src repository
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    sys/sys              ata.h
>>    sbin/atacontrol      atacontrol.8 atacontrol.c
>>    sys/dev/ata          ata-all.c ata-all.h ata-disk.c ata-disk.h
>>  Log:
>>  Add a "spindown" facility to ata-disks:  If no requests have been
>> received
>>  for a configurable number of seconds, spin the disk down.  Spin it back
>>  up on the next request.
>
> Nice!

Very nice indeed, I've been hoping for this. Thanks Poul-Henning!

For those who want to try it against -STABLE, you'll find the cumulated
diff at
http://www.schmalzbauer.de/downloads/atacontrol-spindown_RELENG7.diff
Copy to /usr/src and 'patch -i atacontrol-spindown_RELENG7.diff'

Best regards,

-Harry