interrupt storms with AR5414 on 6.3 RELEASE

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 14 13:08:25 PDT 2008

>> I have a problem running the Atheros AR5414 wireless mini-pci-card
>> (Compex model WLM54AGP23) with FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE (GENERIC i 386) on a
>> Soekris 4521.

> Problem with the ath driver appears to have been solved after I
> installed a custom kernel replacing the GENERIC kernel.

Update for those interested:

The problems with the Atheros card reappeared after some 4 - 5 days. I have replaced this card with a Senao NM that has the Prism chip and uses the wi driver.
This has now been running for some weeks without problems (same software, same hardware). Note that there are three wireless cards in the Soekris. Now all wi driven.

Huub