HP ProLiant DL360 G5 success stories?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 12 19:28:53 UTC 2008

On 12/03/2008, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 07:22:14 am Ivan Voras wrote:

>  > One more addition: I needed to use sys/extipl boot loader instead of the
>  > standard one.
>
>  That should be fixed with the latest BTX btw.

I haven't followed the BTX thread closely, but from what I remember it
was about not crashing in BTX (with a register-dump) when calling BIOS
from vm86 mode (or the other way around). This is not the problem I
had with two of my Proliant machines - my problems were that the BTX
couldn't locate the next-stage loader - choosing "F1" at the prompt
would result in a "beep" signal and a loop back to the F1 prompt.