HP ProLiant DL360 G5 success stories?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Mar 12 16:05:38 UTC 2008

Johan Ström wrote:
 > What I'm looking at is a DL360 G5, probably with one E5335 (quad 2.0)
 > and 4G of RAM and 4x 146Gb SAS disks on the Smart Array P400i card.

We have exactly that combination.  You can find dmesg,
pciconf, DMI etc. here:

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/dmesg/hp-dl360g5/

Those machines work very well with both FreeBSD 6 and 7.
If you install FreeBSD 7, remember to enable ULE instead
of the default BSD scheduler.

Best regards
   Oliver

"To this day, many C programmers believe that 'strong typing'
just means pounding extra hard on the keyboard."
        -- Peter van der Linden