musicpd segfaults on run - was advised that it's an issue with the system

Ross Penner ross.penner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 06:07:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've recently run the upgrade gamut and moved from 6.3 to 7.0. I've
had a few hick ups but this one I can't resolve. I used musicpd
(http://www.freshports.org/audio/musicpd/) on 6.3 to stream to a
shoutcast server. When I start mpd on 7.0, it immediately has a
segmentation fault and dumps its core.

I discussed the issue in the musicpd irc channel and I was advised
that it seemed like it was an issue with the system, not with musicpd.
Since upgrading to 7.0, I've reinstalled all my ports and since
discovering the problem, I've reinstalled musicpd specifically. The
backtrace from gdb is as follows:

#0  0x28140b15 in pthread_setcancelstate () from /lib/libthr.so.3
#1  0x281388ac in open () from /lib/libthr.so.3
#2  0x286ac269 in __stack_chk_fail () from /lib/libssp.so.0
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#4  0xbfbfe6a8 in ?? ()
#5  0x28084ead in _rtld_thread_init () from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Any help or direction I can get to finding the solution to this
problem would be greatly appreciated.