accf_http and incqlen

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Mar 7 10:10:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:37:03PM +0100, Uwe Doering wrote:
> Last time I looked (in FreeBSD 4.x) these were connections that got
> stuck in an early stage, that is, before the HTTP request had been
> received.  The 'accf_http' filter which wants to parse said request
> waits forever in this situation because there is no timeout implemented,
> as far as I recall.  So these would-be HTTP connections pile up over time.

The accf_http should flush out the oldest of these connections once
there are more than a certain number of them. I think that the
number permitted depeneds on the backlog parameter passed to listen.
I checked that this worked recently, and it seemed to do the right
thing on 7.X and 4.X.  I'd be suprised if 5.X and 6.X differed in
a substantial way.

	David.