INET6 required for SCTP in 7.0?

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Wed Mar 5 21:39:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
>         There is a reasonable chance that this mail will leave here
>         over IPv6 for some of the recipients.  It will almost
>         certainly travel over IPv6 for at least one hop.
>
>         Mark

It did:
drugs.dv.isc.org -> IPv6 -> mx1.freebsd.org -> IPv6 -> hub.freebsd.org
-> Mailman -> localhost -> hub.freebsd.org -> IPv6 -> mx2.freebsd.org
-> IPv6 -> me

The only IPv4 hop in this path was when Mailman connected to localhost
(127.0.0.1) to reinject the email.  And that is because I had
127.0.0.1 hard coded in a config file.

Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete
themselves upon execution." -- Robert Sewell