INET6 required for SCTP in 7.0?

Ruben van Staveren ruben at verweg.com
Wed Mar 5 14:47:06 UTC 2008

On 5 Mar 2008, at 15:32, Mark Andrews wrote:

>> - IPv6 provides almost no technological upgrades beyond additional
>> address
>> space. DHCP addressed the auto configuration feature, VPNs addressed
>> IPsec.
>
> 	That extra address space really is a big advantage.  It
> 	really is so much better to be able to get to machines you
> 	need to without have to manually setup application relays
> 	because you couldn't get enough address space to be able
> 	to globally address everything want to.

Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y36fG2Oba0

This song exactly explains why you should care about IPv6 :)

I don't get this "anti IPv6" behaviour. If people are not willing to
adopt it, it will not get tested which in turn will make other people
hesitating to jump on the bandwagon. Having it compiled in your system
does not cause harm if you don't configure it and for everything else
there are traffic filters. Just like IPv4.

- Ruben