What's new on the 127.0.0/24 block in 7?

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Tue Mar 4 18:11:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:22:00AM -0800, Chris H. wrote:
> No. It's not a matter of "holding back". I really don't want to spam
> the stable list with ports litter. My main concern/question was in
> figuring out why 2 identical server configs would react so differently
> in the way they handle lo0 and friends - rbldnsd, or no rbldnsd.

Have you recently diffed the actual running config files?  From the
sidelines, it sounds like a change may have been made and forgotten, or
made by another admin which could be causing issues.  I know that often
when I start thinking, "Nothing is different the software is broken!"
something is different.

Important files off the top of my head:

/etc/defaults/rc.conf
/etc/rc.conf
/etc/rc.local

/etc/namedb/named.conf (and friends)

/usr/local/etc/whatever_rbldnsd_uses

pkg_info | egrep '(rbldns|named)'  and then diff that output.

maybe diff the "ifconfig -a" output between the two boxes and verify the
expected differences.

I think more details might actually translate to less clutter on the
-stable list, even if it turns out to be ports related.

lambert at lambertfam.org