What's new on the 127.0.0/24 block in 7?

Chris H. chris# at 1command.com
Tue Mar 4 01:43:44 UTC 2008

Greetings,
I'm having some difficulty working with anything past 127.0.0.1.
It seems impossible to use (create) any addresses on the "loopback"
past 127.0.0.1.
More specifically; I installed rbldnsd from ports, and it worked quite
well on a 6.x install. However, attempting the same config/install on
a 7-RC3 install yields the inability to bind/create 127.0.0.2, or
127.0.0.3 for rbldnsd to answer on - all queries are refused. The
same pinging/digging, etc.

The 2 servers have /exactly/ the same net setups, and DNS/rbldnsd
configs. Yet no joy on the RELENG_7 box. So it /appears/ something
in this area has changed since 6. But I'm unable to discover any
info on it.

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

--Chris H

--
panic: kernel trap (ignored)