7.0 - slow/unstable Internet access via Linux router

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 3 14:04:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 02:30:01PM +0300, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
> Is it required to have 'options INET6' even if I'm not using any IPv6
> connectivity ?

No, not unless you rely on SCTP, which at this time *does* require
INET6.  If you remove INET6, you must also remove SCTP.

Be aware that if you remove INET6, ntpd (if used) will complain about
missing transport protocol capability for tcp6 and udp6.  It's a
harmless warning, and won't impact functionality of ntpd.  There is an
open PR for this problem:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/78728

> Also I have occasional 'mskc0: Uncorrectable PCI Express error' messages,
> which is a known (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/119613)
> problem...

Can't help you with this, but I bet Pyun YongHyeon can.  :-)