FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE Available

gregoryd.freebsd at free.fr gregoryd.freebsd at free.fr
Mon Mar 3 07:02:00 UTC 2008

Quoting "Chris H." <chris#@1command.com>:

> If you ask me, kernel developer &| server install should be on
> disc1, and desktop^*$ should go on disc99.
>
> FreeBSD
> ...the power to serve.
> ----------------^^^^^

eh ?
???

So what do you propose to use as workstations with your FreeBSD servers ?

(Not that I see much difference in philosophy, nowadays: servers used to be
those machines with high throughput all along the night, and now they tend to be
those over-reactive transactional n-tier service-providers. What's so different
with serving desktop-user requests... Sigh.)

Anyway: are you deliberately proposing to concentrate on server, period. And to
hell with other users (if one can use FreeBSD to be desktop-productive so much
the better, but we shouldn't put too much effort in that) ?

gregory