jdk16 web plugin on FreeBSD 7 AMD64 Issues

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 26 20:38:55 UTC 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008 04:23 pm, Sabeeh Baig wrote:
> I recently installed jdk16 from ports on my FreeBSD 7-Stable AMD64
> home server.  When I try to access websites that use the Java web
> plugin, the applets don't load.  Checking on about:plugins in
> Firefox shows the Java plugin listed and enabled.  Does jdk16 web
> plugin work on FreeBSD 7 AMD64?  I saw on previous mailing list
> entries mentioned that the plugins from jdk16 and jdk15 on AMD64
> worked.

Try:

env JAVAVM_DRYRUN=yes java

It will print something like the following:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0
JAVAVM_CONF=/usr/local/etc/javavms
JAVAVM_OPTS_CONF=/usr/local/etc/javavm_opts.conf
JAVAVM_PROG=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin/java
JAVAVM_OPTS=
JAVAVM_COMMAND=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin/java

If ${JAVA_HOME} does not match the installed plugin, it will not work.
If it matches, remove ~/.java directory and try again.

Jung-uk Kim